"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

June 9, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

I had a great Mother's Day this year....and it lasted all weekend instead of just on Sunday!  It started out with Mone's Preschool Program on Thursday.  He only goes to preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays, but they had been putting something together for all the moms, so we got to meet at the park on Thursday for their little presentation. 
It was so cute, they sang a couple Mother's Day songs that they had made up, and then they all presented us with their little gifts.  Each child called their mom up to the front and handed us a little paper bag.  Inside the bag was a gift they made for us.....mine was a hot pad, because Mone told his teacher that he loves when I cook....and he had colored flowers on the front of it for me, and on the back he had answered some questions about me.  It was so sweet, and I could tell he was just so proud of it!  :)  I gave him a big hug and thanked him for his gift....he had the biggest smile on his face the whole time!  Also in the paper bag was 2 drinks, 1 for him and 1 for me....and 2 bags of chips, one for each of us.  I had a blanket in my car so I went and got it and we had a little picnic with the snacks he packed.  He was feeling special, I was loving it.  It was nice quality time just me and my Mone!


Saturday was our annual Makai Mother's Day GNO.....this tradition is something we always look forward to every year.  Quality time for us girls to spend with our mother.  In the years past, we have always made a day of it, getting mani/pedi's...dinner...and a movie!  This year was no different!  We met up at the mall and half of us got pedi's while the other half walked around the mall and shopped.  After our pedi's and shopping, we all met up and went to eat dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.  The line to wait and eat there was like an hour long....because it was Mother's Day weekend....and believe it or not, we waited the whole time!  Lol.  The time went by relatively fast though because we were all just sitting outside together talking and looking at pictures on each other's phones.  Usually our Mother's day GNO's are just us girls....but Misi came to drop off Pola and we told him to just stay and hang out with us.....I actually think he was waiting for the invite, because he kept lingering around....lol....but we were all glad he stayed with us!  :)  He grew up around all girls, so he's used to being the only boy....hahaha.  After dinner we headed to Jordan Commons to watch a movie, all us girls watched a chick flick and Misi went with Folau to the VIP lougne to watch the NBA playoffs.....boys, I swear....lol!  I always have such a great time with my sisters and mom (and brother)  we all have very busy lives with all our kids, but I'm glad we always make time every year to spend the whole day together.  Love my family!

Sunday we all went to church together, then it was Mother's Day as usual with the Fangupo family. Ma is getting older and we're not sure how much longer she'll be with us, so we always try to make it big for her.  Her kids always try to make it to spend the day with her.  Toa was here from New Zealand, Namu flew in from San Francisco, and Pisila, Sau Lahi and of course Kina Lahi was there.   Ova woke up bright and early in the morning to do the umu in the back yard.  Usually they just roast the pig, but they decided to dig an umu in our garden spot (which actually was a really good idea because it'll probably get used a lot more that way) LOL.  Everyone went all out and we potlucked for dinner.  We had tons and tons and tons of Tongan food.....I can't believe I didn't pull my camera out once that day....too busy eating all the delicious food lol!  We all hung out together eating and enjoying each other's company.  Good times!

Before everyone came over for dinner, Ova and I took the kids to the cemetary.  We spend about an hour just sitting by baby Cindy.  We made a promise that we would always take time every single holiday to go and visit her.  I think it's good for me, and it's important that our kids grow up knowing that they have a baby sister that's in heaven.  I, of course cried!  That was the very first time we ever took Katea to her twin sister's resting spot.  And we got a picture of all 5 of our kids together.  I just can't wait until we can get her a headstone, so there will be something there to mark where her body is laid.  For now, it's just grass and flowers. 

Last year on Mother's Day I had 3 kids and had just found out I was pregnant with twins.  This year I have 5 kids and one of them is my own little angel.  I am truly blessed!  Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: