"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

June 10, 2012

Grown up too fast!

The school year has come to an end.....and I can't believe my baby boy is a preschool graduate!   Seems like time with the kids is just flying by and they're growing up too fast!  I'm so proud of him, and all he's learned! 

If you know my Filimone, he's probably the biggest 5 year old ever!  Lol.  He's a good head taller than all the other kids in his class....and the thing is, he's thick and chunky too.....he's just big all around!  He's not shy at all, he has such a fun-loving personality and is such a joker.  He makes friends very easily and Ova and I always joke that we can see it now....when Mone gets older he's going to be known as the class clown!  That's just his personality!

Mone went to preschool only twice a week on Monday's and Wednesday's and his teacher, Miss Shannon actually held the preschool class out of her basement and she lived just a few houses from us.  Mone was always so excited for Monday's and Wednesdays so he could go to school!  I'm so impressed with how much he learned this year!  Miss Shannon did an awesome job teaching him and getting it to stick :)  Since Mone has a late birthday (6 days past the deadline) he was in preschool last year as well....I don't know if they didn't do as much one on one time, or if he didn't respond to their teaching strategy, or if he was still just too young...but last year, he didn't really learn as much as I would have liked him to, and to be honest....that worried me a little bit.  But this year he totally showed me that he could do it, and I am so proud of him!

They had their graduation last week and it was so cute!  All the parents and family members came to see the short and sweet graduation program they had been preparing for us!  They all had little caps that they made themselves out of construction paper....and all of their classmates signed the top of it...it was so cute!  Mone chose red, of course....because he loves UTAH and is going there someday!  Lol. 

I don't know why, but they put my Filimone, the biggest kid in the class, right in the front row!  haha  I guess he's just that cute!  Lol. 

Here are some pictures of my little guy on his special day.....now he's all ready for kindergarten!  :)
Mone got to stand up and say a little talk

They sang a bunch of songs and said a bunch of nursery rhymes......when their program was done, they were all awarded their preschool diplomas and got to take a picture with their awesome teacher Miss Shannon!

Ova is still bed ridden, so he wasn't able to make it to Mone's graduation.....but he had a lot of other support there!
Aunty Marie came with Siope, Tani & Lika-voo....they even gave him a money lei! 

Aunty Alice and Aunty Tina came with little Vita and MeleLangi....they gave him a little graduation package full of treats and candy!

Of course Gramma Tea was there with some candy leis for him!

Proud mama with the little graduate!

With the siblings (minus Lautala)

After the graduation party.....before we left, Miss Shannon gave me his report card....happy to say he got all E's for EXCELLENT!! 
That's my little preschool graduate!
Good job Filimone....I'm so proud of you!

No comments: