"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

September 16, 2011

Wednesday September 14th

Wednesday started out as another bad day.  Bright and early in the morning when they came to take my vitals....things weren't looking too good.

-My blood pressure had dropped
-I had a fever of 100
-My blood levels went back down to 24

They asked me all the questions like am I having pain, am I still bleeding, am I feeling her move around...things like that.  I mentioned that I haven't really been feeling her move, but that it was probably just because I just woke up...or that she was sleeping.  They didn't like that and so they called for labor and delivery to come and hook me up to the monitor to make sure she was moving and her heart was still beating strong.  Once the monitor came and they hooked me up, her heart was consistantly beating in the 150's and you could hear her kicking and moving around.  They kept the monitor on me for like 20 minutes and in that 20 minutes, her heart had dropped to about 80 beats per minute 3 or 4 times.  That was not good news.

The Dr and perinatalogist (with 4 student Dr's) came in to review the results of the scan.  They were a little worried about her heart dropping so many times...because that either meant she wasn't getting enough oxygen through the placenta, or that my amniotic fluid was so low that she was laying on the cord.  So, they sent me back down to labor and delivery for another day of testing and monitoring. 

The Dr came in and told me that their concern was that I might have an infection...and that's why my temperature was so high.  Funny thing was that I didn't even feel hot or sick at all.  The Dr said that if my temperature goes up .1% more I'd need to have antibiotics to try and kill whatever infection was happening. 

My little baby girl hates having the monitors on her and she goes crazy kicking them when they're on.  It's almost as if she purposly kicks so much that the monitor moves and loses her heartbeat and then she hides from the Dr's....hahah....everyone just has such a hard time getting her to stay on the monitor.  Everyone says she's stubborn....but I don't even care because she's such a fighter.  She's survived and fought through losing her twin, all the bleeding, all the cramping and contractions, and now living in very little amniotic fluid.  She's my little miracle and I hope and pray she continues to fight.

Ova's dad came and visited us in the labor and delivery room.  Him and my dad are two of the most faithful men I know.  I love having them around, hearing their words of wisdom and their positiveness...it's exactly what I need.  He stayed for a little while just visiting and chatting with Ova.  I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful and great family and support system.

They monitored me for a little while and then they said she was stable enough for me to go back up to my room.  They told me my stay might be like this...back and forth between labor and delivery, maternal fetal medicine, and my room.  I'm just glad that I'm here and have all this help around....all the Dr's and nurses have been extremely nice and kind and I feel so comforted and reassured that I'm in a place that will help right away if anything goes wrong.

They scheduled me for another ultrasound in the morning so they can measure the amniotic fluid around my baby.  When I came in on Monday they weren't sure if my water had broken.  Checking the fluid will help them know for sure.  Hopefully there's more than on Monday!

Wednesday night my kids came and stayed in the room with me again....my mom and dad stopped by and visited after their fireside.....my dad said a nice prayer with us before they left.... then I got a lot of sleep when Ova took the kids home.  It was a pretty eventless night, which I was grateful for!

No comments: