"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

September 18, 2011

Sunday 9/18/11

Today was pretty uneventful.  My vitals looked good all day long.  They brought the monitor in my room to do the daily NST (non-stress test) on my baby.  She's looking great.  I woke up bright and early this morning and turned on the Pandora on my phone and listened to Janice Kapp Perry.  It's Sunday today and so I wanted to be able to feel like it was.  They announced over the intercom that anyone who was LDS and wanted to take the sacrament could push their nurse call button.  I pushed mine of course.  I'm glad that they have those types of things available for those of us who have to stay in the hospital for long periods of time.  There were two elderly couples that came in to give us the sacrament.  One of the little old ladies was so cute.  She came right up close to my bed and was trying to make small talk with me.  She thought I'd already had my baby, because that's why most women are here on this floor...but when I told her my story she put her hand on her chest and told me that if I had faith, everything would be ok.  She was such a cute little lady...and I totally believe her advice!

I woke up really emotional.  Not a bad emotional, but a good emotional.  I woke up to a very active baby...I felt like she was doing flips in my stomach...I was emotional because I was so grateful that through everything my baby was doing ok.  She's such a fighter!  I don't want to be negative and focus on all the bad things that have happened, I feel like if I do that I won't be showing how grateful I am that my baby is still ok....so everytime I hear her heartbeat or see her on the monitor...I'm so extremely grateful.  She will always be my miracle baby!

Ova stayed with me this whole week since I got admitted.  I'm so grateful that his work is understanding and let him stay here with me.  He had to go back to work tonight.  I think part of my being emotional was knowing that he was leaving me tonight.  I really wish that money wasn't an issue and that we didn't have to worry about bills and things like that....if money weren't an issue I would have him by me 24-7, all the time.....I just love having him around.  It's funny because today it was just me and him all day....we didn't really talk that much because we were watching football and I slept quite bit, but I just love having him sit right next to me, it makes me feel so much better! 

Kina and Tina stopped by to visit me again.  They are so sweet, they brought me dinner and tons of desserts.  Tina makes this chicken and broccoli casserole dish that I absolutely LOVE.....and she made it for me!  Their son, Tevita Tonga is part of the Hopekids (if you've been following my blog, you know what that is...and for those of you who are new, click HERE to see what it's about) and they did a fundraiser/bake sale yesterday to help raise money for the program.  It's an awesome program!  I was bummed that I didn't get to help out, because Tina and I had been talking for a while of all the different desserts we could make to sell.  The bakesale turned out awesome though and they had a lot of family support!  Today they brought me so many cupcakes and treats that they had left from their bakesale.....oreo cupcakes, guava cupcakes....yummy!  They brought so many that there was not way I would have been able to eat them all, so I took a few out for myself and shared the rest with all the nurses!! The annual Hopekids 5k walk/run is coming up next Saturday......Ova and my kids will be there for sure, and I'll make sure to have him take some pictures so I can blog about it!  :)

Tea came with my kids again.  They were unusually happy and hyper today.  Of course as soon as they walk in they start looking around for snacks or something to eat.  Mone is the worst.....I didn't eat my hospital food dinner that I got because I knew Kina and Tina were bringing me dinner so it was still sitting here.  My little fatso Mone walked straight in and asked for my hospital food...and surprisingly he killed it!   Makai killed the rest of the rice and chicken and brocolli that I ate, and Lautala was eating off both of them.  I swear my kids have never-ending appetites!  hahaha  My room was full for a couple hours with my little family and I was loving it.  Then at about 8pm Ova leaned over and told me they had to go.  I got really quiet.  My kids gave me loves and kisses and then Tea took them down and Ova came to say goodbye for the night.  I started crying, and I almost made him cry.  I really didn't want to do that....I would have rather waited to cry until after he left, because I don't want him to feel bad or stress out, but I couldn't hold it in.  I'm just a big crybaby who LOVES to have my husband around ALL THE TIME.  I really am doing ok though, it's a little lonely being here by myself, but I'm ok.....and I'll sleep soon and when I wake up he'll be here!  Today was a good day!

2 comments:

Aki said...

Monica I love you. I'm humbled everytime I read your entries and want to let you know your such a statue of strength, which, your lil' one needs at this time...be strong...keep your head up and everytime she kicks count it as affirmation that she's trying her hardest and that she knows your trying your hardest. I agree, she IS a fighter! Always thinkin' of you...Take care =)

Mua said...

Aww! One day I'm going to come spend the night with you at the hospital, if you want me to or not..hahaha! I'm like you, always want Kauasi with me no matter what. I'm glad Ova's job is so understanding. Lmk if you ever need anything, i'm always home and always doing nothing. lol. Love you monica!