"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

January 5, 2012

Telling MY Story through Pictures

My older sister Leslie is studying at UVU to become a photographer/graphic designer. She took a class last semester and for her final project she had to tell a story using only pictures....no words at all.  She could have chosen to do her story on anything....she chose to do it on my experience over the past few months.  I sent her all the pictures I've taken so far, and she went through them and chose the ones that she thought would tell my story the best.  She came up to my house and to the hopsital several times to visit and take pictures.  Nothing was posed, everything was just how it happened.  She did an AMAZING job!  I'm so glad she did this for her final....and for me! 



























Thank you so much Leslie!

6 comments:

letafauolo said...

That's beautiful Monica.

Lani M. Latu said...

I can't believe how big and grown Katea has gotten! But I'm so glad things are going her way! :) I've been meaning to ask... what hospital is she at?? I guess I get confused thinking she's somewhere near provo, but then think she might be in the Salt Lake area LOL. Anywayz, happy new years Fangupo family! Can't wait for her to finally come home! :)

MARCIA said...

Absolutely beautiful! Job well done.

Tina Tuakoi said...

Beautiful! She did such an amazing job. Katea has grown so much :)

KatieLarson said...

That was beautiful! Thank you for letting us see her final work. I cried from beginning to end. You and your family are amazing Monica! These pictures brought back little memories for me too. I hope you print them and put them in there own special book. Love you!

Kalani said...

This was amazing Monica! I loved your sister's project (and cried like a big baby -- surprise, surprise!) Awesome.