"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

January 24, 2012

Confidence is good, right?!!

So I woke up the other morning and I heard Latala talking to herself.  She was talking quietly, almost as if she was trying to hide something.  When she gets really quiet, it usually means she's getting into trouble....but this time was a little different.  I got out of bed only to find her at the end of the bed staring at herself in the my mirror....she was making all these little kissy faces to herself and saying "Tala so butiful"  It was the cutest thing!  I asked her "Tala, what are you doing?"  She smiled big and showed me the mirror and said "Mommy, Tala butiful".....then she went back to looking at herself in the mirror.  I just had to grab my camera and take a picture of her.  She's so fie'lelei!

My picture taking didn't stop her from admiring how pretty she is......ummm, I think we've instilled that into her little head pretty well....lol.  She is our pretty little princess and we tell her ALL THE TIME!  Lol.

                                                                                      When I got to the hospital that afternoon, I walked into baby Katea's room and what was she doing??  She was staring at herself in the mirror!  haha  We bought her this cute little alligator mirror that plays music, and it hangs on the side of her crib.  Since she's getting so much older, she really enjoys listening to the music and looking at herself in the mirror.  Stacey was her nurse that day and said that Katea was being so funny....she was wide awake, and super content just staring at herself in the mirror, and she was even smiling at herself.  The music was playing and she was looking at herself....then when the music stopped she started getting fussy.  As soon as we turned the music back on, she calmed down and just went right on staring at herself.  We were joking that we know she can see, because she stares at herself all the time ....and we know she can hear because she gets irritated when the music stops.  Lol!

Needless to say, I have two little divas who think they are just so beautiful and like to stare at themselves in the mirror all day long.  Confidence is good right??!!  :-)  At least it's innocent and cute at this young age, I think?!!  haha

1 comment:

Tina Tuakoi said...

This is the cutest post, and I think it's so great that Lautala has the confidence she does. She should, she is a beauty :) I love the picture of Katea too! Beautiful Princesses!