"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

December 15, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Baby Katea's nurse Anjanette made this adorable santa hat and leg warmers, just for her.  She's a bit spoiled by all her nurses!  They love her just as much as she loves them!

We finally made time to put up our Christmas decorations, thanks to my three little helpers!  All the Christmas vinyl is up...


Our tree is up and decorated!

One of the parent support people, and our good friend Tricia made this adorable Christmas name tag to hang on baby's bed...

Even Baby Katea has her own little Christmas tree...

We bought a little angel ornament for baby Katea's tree....just a reminder of her twin sister baby Cindy!  We'll put it on our tree every year, from now on...

The NICU let all parents be part of their Christmas celebration by letting all of us bring one ornament to adorn the Christmas tree in their lobby.....when we went to look for one, Ova picked this one, and it's absolutely perfect for the NICU tree!

When we were looking for the ornament for the NICU tree, Ova found this one....that totally made me cry.  We bought it and put it on our tree at home....it will also be one that we use every year from now on....always remembering baby Cindy!

Christmas is just around the corner....I can't believe it's only 10 days away.  This year feels different to me, I don't really feel like it's the holidays......maybe because it's not snowing yet, maybe because my little family is not all together, maybe because I didn't go black Friday shopping, maybe because I haven't bought one single thing yet......maybe a little bit of everything.   My neice Lote called me the other day and asked what I wanted for Christmas....she said she had to do a report for her class on what most people are asking for during this season....she wanted me to tell her something materialistic...something that can be bought from the store....but to be honest, I don't want anything that can be bought from the store....all I want for Christmas is for my baby Katea to continue to grow and progress so that we can all be together as a family sometime soon....that's all I really want!

I am, however extremely grateful during this holiday season.....grateful for my little family, my wonderful husband and all my kids....grateful for my parents and siblings....grateful for everything we have already been blessed with...home, vehicles, food, etc....grateful for Ova's job....grateful for Gramma Tea and everything she does....grateful for miracles, because they really do happen!  Grateful for the NICU staff, especially our primary nurses.....we LOVE each of them so much and are so grateful for everything they do for our precious baby girl, and for us.....grateful for all our family, friends and even strangers who have shown their love and blessed our lives.  We are blessed, we know we are....and we are so grateful!  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season! 

5 comments:

Kassie said...

I love the little leg warmers and beanie Katea received..soo cute. What a nice post! I love the ornaments you bought as well..they are priceless! Wishing your beautiful family a wonderful holiday season and praying Katea grows and progresses everyday. It has been heart warming to watch her develop and humbling as well..I love you and your family...xoxo

Mr & Mrs. Vakapuna said...

These decorations are so cute Monica!!! :) Baby Katea's things are sooooo cute and she's getting BIGG :) Which is so exciting for you guys!!! SO happy she's home with you guys! right?? LOL! HOpe so.... luv u guys!!! xoxo

shaunita said...

What cute little leg warmers/hat! When do your nurses have time for all the great stuff they do? The ornaments you found are perfect. My heart is full of joy thinking of you and your little miracle this holiday season. I'm glad you have some beautiful reminders of your little angles watching over and rejoicing with you all.

MARCIA said...

Baby Katea's leg warmers and beanie are so adorable!! She is such a princess :-) Your vinyl is so festive. I want it...lol. Being grateful is the true meaning of Christmas and I'm grateful to know you Monica. You are an inspiration! Happy Holidays.

Aki said...

OH for the love of CUTE!!! cute vinyl...cute little helpers...cute little christmas tree w/the cutest angel ornament & tree skirt...and above a cutie little baby w/the cutest holiday outfit & name tag to match...I love this post...it's helped bring the Christmas spirit to me....luv you monica.