"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

December 31, 2011

2012

Can't believe it's already 2012.....time sure flies doesn't it!
2011 was the most emotional, challenging, painful and difficult year of my life....but at the same time I was very very blessed......my testimony was definitely tried and it grew A LOT! 
This year I'm more aware of my blessings, and I've realized that nothing in life is guaranteed....so I try really hard to be grateful for every good thing that comes into it.  I've learned that for me, if I focus on my blessings and vocally speak and show my appreciation to everyone I'm grateful for...I am more aware of the positive in my life than the 'learning experiences' I have.  I have a lot to be grateful for!  My husband.  My kids.  My family.  Friends.  Even strangers who have blessed my life.  The gospel and the knowledge that my family is forever....that's what makes losing baby Cindy not as hard.  I'm grateful for miracles....this year I learned that they really do happen.  My baby Katea is a true miracle! One of my friends, who is also a NICU mom, shared this quote by Elder Dallin H. Oaks.......he said:

 "Although we are generally counseled not to speak of sacred things like the miracles we have witnessed, there are times when the Spirit prompts us to share these experiences, sometimes even in a setting where our account will be published."

I feel that way about my baby Katea's story.  With everything that happens to her, both good and bad, I'm prompted to write about it and keep a record of it.  Maybe it's for me, to help me cope....maybe for her when she gets older....maybe for you reading this....I don't know why, but thank you for letting me share my miracle story with you this year....I will continue to share her jorney!

I'm ending this year at home, with my little family.  Ova's making dinner, I'm making dessert....the kids are dancing their hearts out to Just Dance 3 on the Xbox 360 Kinect.  This is what life is all about.  Spending time with family.  To all of you who were are part of my life in 2011, I thank you!  May you all have a wonderful 2012!

No comments: