"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

May 21, 2011

Thank you!

All night last night, and again as I woke up this morning.....my heart has been aching and hurting for the Falatea and Moala families.  Their oldest daughter/grandaughter has been fearlessly, courageously and miraculously fighting for her life since November, and last night she lost her battle.

As soon as Ova's brother called and told us the news, I started crying....and pretty much every time I think about her, or her family I tear up.  I can't imagine how they must feel right now, and I'm pretty sure nothing anyone can say or do will help ease the pain of their loss.....but I pray and hope they can find comfort in the gospel and the knowledge that families are forever!

I know that Lauren is happy and pain free now, and even though she's not here in person, her spirit will always live on through her family and friends and all those that love her.

She was such a young little girl, but she has taught me so much and helped strengthen my testimony more than she probably ever even realized.  From the moment I heard about the struggles she was going through......and I went and saw her in the hospital, she had a sort of strength and determination and will-power in her eyes.  She proved the Dr's wrong several times and continually proved to all of us that the Lord is the one that is in control and regardless of what the Dr's said.....her faith in the Lord would overcome.  The Dr's gave her a small chance of surviving one of her surgerys, but through faith, fasting and lots of prayer.....she even surprised the doctors.  She was an amazing young lady, and I'm so grateful I got to know her.  She has an amazingly supportive and loving family and my heart and prayers are with this through this difficult time.

Life is too short.  Reach out to those you love and hug them a little tighter, squeeze them a little longer.

Love you Lauren......you are truly an angel!  

3 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

#1 Congrats on being pregnant!!!!! That is so exciting. I couldn't believe how much you guys are working out too and at 11 pm. I have already been asleep for two hours by then. That is crazy. Horray for baby #4. I will have to let you know how crazy life gets when there are 4 little ones.
#2 I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your good little friend. It is always so heart breaking for me to hear those kinds of stories. But now, hopefully her family will feel peace that she is at peace now. I know it is never easy but at least she is in a better place. I hope that they will be comforted in their time of great loss.
I hope all goes well for you. I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear about the dr.'s appointment on Friday. Good luck! Love ya!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lauren is definitely an angel! I dind't really know her, as well as I wish I would have. And I felt the same exact way, when I heard the news of her illness and passing. My heart still aches for their loss. She has touched so many lives! Such a beautiful little girl! :)


P.S Are you expecting?? Sorry, I was just reading the comment above mine.. Lol If you are.. CONGRATS!! :)

Aki said...

She's left an impressinon on so many...including me....Luv you Lauren =)