"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

May 20, 2011

Really??!!!

It's been over a month now that Ova and I have been going to the gym religiously.....working out, eating less and a lot healthier.....our routines at the gym are getting more intense and we're pushing ourselves even more......which makes me expect better results......

Ova is getting them!!  It's only been a month and he's lost 35lbs.....and that's all naturally, no supplements, no diets....just exercise and eating right....

I'M NOT SEEING RESULTS  :(

I've really been trying not to let myself get discouraged, but it's hard.....I stepped on the scale yesterday and only lost 1 more pound since the last weigh in......total of 6 freakin' pounds in a month compared to Ova's almost 40.  Even worse, I've had a head cold for the past couple days and sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode because of the pressure.....it makes it hard to work out with all the pressure in my head, but I keep pushing myself!!   We've been going at random times instead of a set time every day because our work-out schedule has to work around my school, work and our kids......our normal time to hit the gym has been around 11pm when all the kids are sleeping (Tea and Ma are here if needed) and we're there for a couple hours.  I find myself completely exausted and I even fell asleep on on of the weights in between my sets....(who does that??!!)  hahaha.  I'm sure it was just cause I hadn't been sleeping enough and because we were working out in the middle of the night..... I never really thought anything of it.....but the past couple days I noticed my work-out pants have started getting super tight on me.  I do wash our clothes every night as soon as we get home from the gym, so I thought maybe I should start washing them in cold instead of warm so it won't shrink so much (tighter pants and minimal weight loss doesn't help my frustration!)  Then yesterday I ate a piece of chicken and I actually threw up...... WHAT????

Ova asked me.............babe, are you pregnant??  I brushed him off and said no way......(I just had a miscarriage a couple months ago)  He kinda just dropped the subject.....but it made the wheels turn in my head.....so I decided to check.....

sure enough........................it was POSITIVE!!!  If Ova didn't mention it, it honestly never would have crossed my mind......but that would explain my moody and tired all the time behavior!!  haha

I really would have liked to get to my goal weight before getting pregnant, but we are ecstatic and super excited!!  I just found out the other day.....and I'm not sure how far along I am or when I'll be due....but my first Dr's appt in next Friday the 27th!!

So, I guess there's a reason why I haven't been losing weight like I'd like to.....and why my pants are getting tighter.....and why I fell asleep on the gym equipment.......hahaha

I plan to keep hitting the gym with Ova for as long as I can.....I'll be smart about it though!! 

YAY FOR BABY #4!!!

11 comments:

pwincessdi said...

OMG Monica!!! I am so happy for you :) YAY!!! that's so cute, I love it!

Tina Tuakoi said...

LOL @ falling asleep on the gym equipment. CONGRATULATIONS you two! What a huge blessings!

Kassie said...

I'm so happy for you! Yay..I hope you have twins! Haha..Ill send you the twinkie vibe..I'm super excited for you. Take it easy..xoxo

Latu said...

wow mon! congratulations! that's so exciting

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Yay for baby #4!! The blessings are seriously just spilling over for your family!! Love you & yours to the MAXXX!! :D

m said...

wow congrats monz! happy for you!!!! xo :)

carolineluvsulysses said...

congrats monica! :) so exciting

Mauga Fam said...

YAY that is so exciting:)

Klarah said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you and your growing family!! I'm glad you have realized that you don't need to be discouraged as baby #4 does need to eat hence you not losing as much as your husband. Besides I heard men lose weight faster anyways! On a plus side morning sickness usually helps with weight loss as I noticed women in there first trimester can not hold anything down! I hope you start to feel better soon! Congrats again!!

nivadivadiaries said...

Congrats Monica! So excited for your family! Lucky, to be expecting along with your sister. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so totally ignore my "P.S" on your last post! LOL.. Congrats!! You're such a great mommy! :) Definitely take it easy and don't over do it! :)