"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Makai, my oldest son is so thoughtful.........let me tell you why........

Saturday, the day before Mother's Day, Ova and I were sitting in the living room just hanging out with Filimone, Lautala and Ma.....Makai left with Tea somewhere and they'd been gone for quite a while.  I was half way dozing off when I felt these cold little hands come up behind me and give me a hug.  I turned around to see who it was and it was Makai with a BIG smile on his face and a boquet of flowers in his hand.  After he handed me the flowers, he handed me a corsage to wear to church on Sunday, and a gift bag.  In the bag was a card, and two dresses that he picked out for me from Ross.  I cried.  He totally made me feel special and totally made my Mother's Day.  He's such a nice and sweet kid and he's always doing thoughtful things for me.  I have piles of letters he's written to me and pictures he's drawn.  I'm blessed to have a son like him.


After Makai had given me all the stuff, and I stopped crying, he went outside to play.....Tea came over to tell me what went down earlier.  She said that when I was sleeping, Makai went and asked her if she had any money.  She asked him why....he told her that he needed some money because my wedding ring broke and the new one I had made my finger green....and he wanted to buy me one that didn't make my finger green.  (A diamond in my real wedding ring fell out so I just bought a fake one at Walmart until I can fix my ring).....I was so surprised that he actually noticed.  Tea told him that she didn't have enough for a ring, but that she would take him to the store to find something.  She said she let him pick everything.  They went to Ross to get me some dresses and Tea had picked a few out for me.  When she showed them to Makai, he made her put them back.  He was telling her that I wouldn't like those kinds of dresses, and he went and picked out new ones for me.  I must admit he did an awesome job!  Both the dresses he picked fit perfectly and I LOVE them!  He picked the flowers and the corsage.....he even picked the card and wrote in it by himself.  Tea said she cried too as she watched him so excited to be getting the stuff for me.  And in the van on the way home he thanked her and told her that when he gets older and gets a job, he would pay her back.  I love surprises and he totally surprised me.  Like I said earlier, I am so blessed to have a son like him.

The next day was actually Mother's Day.  I felt very special and loved.  I had to work that morning, but only from 4am-8am.....by the time I got home my husband had made me breakfast.....my favorite breakfast, a mushroom, spinach omelet with chedder cheese and green onions.....yummy!!  We went to church and when we came back from church I took a L-O-N-G nap.....can't believe how tired I was and I can't believe that nobody bothered me that whole time I was sleeping.  I woke up to a house full of delicious smelling food.  Just like every other Mother's Day, the guys went all out for us Mother's........we took all the food over to Ova's parents house and ate there.  So much good food and good company!

I love my family very much and am very blessed to have them!  Hope all the Mother's out there had as great a Mother's Day as I did!! 

4 comments:

Dasl*it Photography said...

Glad you had a great mothers day.. You so deserve it..

pwincessdi said...

That is soo stinkin cute! I love this post. Your son is such a gent! :)

Monika said...

Super cute!!! I hope my lil baby grows up to be so thought, kind and sweet as your son!! What an amazing mothersday...love it! As for Elder Fangupo...girl you and Ova would of done the same...what an amazing Elder he is! Blessing our Florida folks with his desire to serve and share the gospel...it was not much...just glad he could buy him a box of noodles...lol...Love your blog!!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Makai's so sweet. He's set the bar pretty high for Mone ;) hehe