"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

May 27, 2011

8 Weeks

Had my first Dr's appointment today and found out that I'm only 8 weeks along and I'm due on the 7th of January (one day before Lautala turns 2).....

Since I'm so early in the pregnancy, we weren't able to hear a heartbeat, which totally sucked because I was super excited about it.....but he's letting me come back in 2 more weeks just to hear it....and to ease my mind because I've had so many miscarriages.   I feel good about this one though......I mean, I've been super sick and sleeping all the time!  I feel like I wanna throw up all the time, but I don't......so I walk around all day long with that feeling.....it's not the best feeling in the world!   Nothing really sounds good to eat, except crackers and sprite.....and the smell of anything cooked in grease makes me want to throw up even more!  :(  Oh the things we go through when we're pregnant..........it's worth it though and we're so excited to be having another one!

Since I'm due on the 7th of January.......but I have to have a c-section......and I have IHC insurance.......they'll take me a week early, but no earlier......I mentioned to the Dr that that would fall on New Years Eve....and he said "well, looks like you'll have a new years eve baby then"......hahaha  what a great way to ring out the old year, and to start a new year with a new addition to our family!!  Love it!

9 comments:

Heather and Kevin said...

congratulations! That is so exciting :)

pwincessdi said...

How cute Monica :) I hope n pray everything goes well for you duing this pregnancy. How fun will that be to have a New Years Eve Baby!! :) Congrats

Kassie said...

Yay for a New Year's Baby! :) That's so exciting Monica.. Boo for being sick! :( like you said, "the things we go through"
So, were there two?? I've been sending you the vibe! Hope you start feeling better real soon.. I think I have every remedy for nausea so if you want to try anything that didn't work for me let me know! lol.. love ya

Klarah said...

I am so happy for you guys as well!I almost feel sorry for you as I hated everyday of the first trimester as I too have had those same exact feelings! Maybe when you get better we can both go eat something that won't make you gag!! January is a good month! A New Years Baby sounds like the perfect way to ring in the New Years!! Lucky you.. Hope you feel better soon.. BTW it was so nice seeing your beautiful face as well!!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Yay!! Congrats!! Loved seeing you guys last Saturday at the bbq!! Lautala's definitely MY FAVE!! She's such a cutie!! :D Hope you get to feeling better soon. I really do think that that's why we, as mothers, are blessed with such short memories. Or is that just me?? Hahaha!! Love you love you!! :D

Aki said...

Congratulations!!!Morning sickness sucks but well worth it in the end....

Sinai said...

Congratulations!!! New Year's baby? How fun!!!

Siu said...

Congrats Monica & Ova!!! So excited for you guys...

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

that's the BESSSSSSTTTTT day to be born!!! Seriously I SHOULD KNOW!!! hahahah!!!

I think you're having another GIRL!! (Lautala told me! shhhhh)

HIPPI HIPPI HORRRAHYYYY for New Years Babies!!!! ;p