"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

February 25, 2013

Vegas 2013

I had 5 days off of work and we have been long overdue for a vacation, so we decided to hit the road and head to Vegas.  Ova's little brother lives out there with his family and we thought it would be nice to spend some time with them.  We didn't have an agenda, nothing was planned....we just rented a van and started driving.  I would have loved to go to Hawaii or somewhere that was nice and warm...with sandy beaches....but we didn't really have time to plan for it, so we opted for the next closest warm spot, Vegas!  I was looking into booking a hotel, just so the kids could go swimming and stuff, but TiTonga wanted us to stay with them...and I'm so glad we did! 

We didn't end up leaving until late so by the time we got to Vegas, it was 2am.  TiTonga and his boys were already asleep (Kiki was at work) but they left the door unlocked for us.  We went in and straight upstairs to sleep.  The next morning, we woke up to kids screaming and yelling to the top of their little lungs.  They were so happy to see each other!  That was a Friday and the Vegas boys had school.  Their dad took them to school while we all got ready to go eat breakfast at this little bar close by their house.  The food was so cheap, and so good....and the portions were pretty big!  After breakfast Kiki went home to sleep after working all night and our little family drove the strip.  We went shopping and just drove around.  At lunch, before we headed back to the house, we stopped at Bachi Burger.....
we saw it on the food network and really wanted to try it.  It was really good, but at $40 for 2 burgers and 2 fries....it's just a one time thing for us!  LOL  We headed back to the house and just kicked it in the living room talking and catching up with TiTonga and Kiki....and then Kiki had to get ready for work again that night.  We left all the kids with TiTonga and me and Ova went for a drive and shopping by ourselves.  Quality time.  By the time we got home, all the kids had eaten Church's chicken and were knocked out all over the house. haha.  Ova and I just got baby Katea and went to sleep. 

The next morning, we got ready to go watch TiTonga's rugby game.  He plays for the BlackJacks in Vegas.  I was expecting it to be nice and warm and sunny, but it was FREEZING!  The wind was blowing hard and it was so cold.  I was surprised at how cold it was.  I was so worried about baby Katea getting sick because of the wind and how cold it was.  We ran into Felika Tahi at the rugby game, her hubby came down to play with them and Kiki and I pretty much just sat there chatting it up with her instead of watching the game. LOL. She wrapped baby Katea up in her big blanket and held her tight the whole time....I'm sure that's the only reason she didn't get sick!

Lautala all bundled up with her hello kitty shades, watching uncle TiTonga play rugby!

After the game, we went to another spot that was featured on the food network, Hash House a Go-Go.  I'd heard the rave about this place, and wanted to try it out.  Let me just tell you, it was sooooo good!  The prices are reasonable and their portions are HUGE!   
I got the Chicken pot pie....which was really good!
But TiTonga let us taste his meatloaf and that was my favorite!!  I'm definitely getting that the next time we go there!  Yummers!
By the time we were done with dinner, it was really late.  We had left all the kids at the house so we thought we'd better hurry and get back.  We drove down the strip on the way back to the house and TiTonga was telling us about all the buildings he had a part in building and the stories behind some of the ones that were still under construction.  The Vegas strip is amazing....all the bright lights....city that never sleeps! 
We stayed up pretty much all night just talking and visiting.  Kiki's parents drove down with some of their grandkids and Kiki's bff Crystal flew in that night....they had a full house....and we all stayed up talking politics, and whatever else came up.  We slept in the next day because we had stayed up so late talking, that when we got up we just packed and got ready to leave.  It was a nice little break, just what we needed and my boys were in heaven with their Vegas cousins!  Love our family!
We left their house at like 4pm, but we didn't actually leave Vegas until about 9 or 10pm.  We did a little more shopping, stopped and ate at Jack in the Box and crusied the strip again with our kids.  We were in no rush, so we just took our time and enjoyed the last few moments of our little get-away.  It was a great trip.  I'm so glad we took it!
Our fab 4 at Jack In the Box waiting for their food!
Thank you Vegas Fangupos for everything!  We love you guys!


The Candlands said...

We live in Vegas now and we have been dying to try out Hash House a Go Go! Our problem is we can't take Emmalynn, and no one can babysit her. Where are the other places and what's the breakfast place you went to?!

sarah said...

I love random trips like that. Sounds like a fun, relaxing time :) I actually went to high school with Kiki, and didn't realize until this post that she's your SIL. Small world! I have heard only good things about Hash House, so it's on my list the next time I'm out in Vegas!