"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

February 2, 2013

Family Date

Now that Ova is mobile, we've been trying to take advantage of every opportunity we can to spend time together, both as a couple and as a family......being bed ridden for such a long time, you learn to appreciate the little things.  As soon as he was able, I took him everywhere with me.  He usually just sits in the car while I run in and do the different things that I need to, but just having him next to me for the drive is so nice, and I've missed him.  He was down for so long that he missed out on a lot of the little day dates I took our kids on.  We've been trying to make up for it now. 

We had a family day today all day long.  We had lunch at Chuck-A-Rama, watched a movie at the affordable theatre on 54th South, then ate ice cream at Leatherby's.  It was a fun day well spent with the family!  I am so blessed and I love my family so much!

It's RSV season right now in Utah, which means Baby Katea is on house arrest.  Her little lungs are getting stronger and stronger, but they're not 100% yet and she's still so fragile.  We haven't taken her out of the house for months now, and I will admit that it does suck.  I wish we could take her everywhere with us.  She's older now and she LOVES to be out and about....but we just can't risk it.  She knows when we're getting ready to leave and she starts throwing a fit, screaming and crying....it breaks my heart, but I know that if we make these sacrifices for her right now while she's still young, it will be worth it in the long run when she's healthy and strong.  Just making the change and moving to the basement had made a HUGE difference!  She hasn't gotten sick or been hospitalized since the move.  She just needs the extra protection from all the traffic that comes through our house...espeically sick people.  She gets that downstairs!  For now, she's still a fragile little one pounder and we have to remember that!  Thank goodness for Gramma Tea for always being so willing to stay home with her when we go out.  I appreciate her so much!

We watched Wreck it Ralph....super cute kids movie!

Can't go wrong with Leatherby's!!!
Sheesh, can you smile hun??  LOL

No comments: