"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

December 31, 2012

Ringing in the New Year!

I'm stuck at work while the rest of my family is ringing in the New Year together at home, cooking delicious food and enjoying each other's company.  I'm not complaining though, this is one of the many things I am so thankful for.....my job!  I'm working right now with Ana and Pam and we're watching the ball drop in NYC.  I can't believe it's 2013.  Time is just flying right by!

I still remember 1993 like it was yesterday.....I remember 1997 when I graduated from high school....I remember 2000 when everyone thought the world was going to end because of Y2K, that was the year I left on my mission........I remember 2001 when those planes hit the twin towers, I was on my mission in Chile and I still remember to this day how I felt......I remember 2002 when I got home from my mission and married my handsome sweetheart......I remember 2003 when we had Makai......I remember 2006 when we had Filimone......I remember 2010 when we had our first little princess Ilaisaane Lautala.......I remember 2011 when we buried our baby Cindy's body and we watched our miracle Katea defy all odds......now it's 2013.....time is flying by!

As I look back on this past year, so much has happened.....and I can't help but count my blessings!  The Lord is real, he knows me and he is very mindful of my little family.  I can see his hand in every aspect of my life and I am so grateful for it!  I'm grateful for the gospel and the miracle of forgiveness......that even when I fall short, I know he loves me!  I'm so grateful for my family......ALL my family.....my side of the family and Ova's side of the family.  I'm especially thankful for my beautiful children.  The happiness they bring to my life, the funny things they say, the differences in their personalities....their loving and forgiving nature.  I look at them everyday and I'm so grateful in my heart that God trusted me to be their mother.  I'm grateful for the trials and hardships that I've been handed.....I can't come to say that when I'm actually going through them, but when all is said and done and I look back on what a better/stronger/more spiritual person I've become because of them....I am grateful!  I'm grateful for Ova.  We don't have the perfect marriage, but we work on it everyday and I'm so grateful to be his forever and ever.  I'm thankful for my jobs.  What a blessing they are to our family!  I'm grateful for my blog.  There are so many things I would have forgotten if I didn't keep this record.  I read back often on some of the experiences I've had and some of the silly things my kids have done and said.  I've tracked their lives through my blog and through pictures and I know one day they will read it and be so grateful that I took the time to do it for them!  I have so much to be grateful for!  I am blessed!

One thing I really need to work on this year (besides losing weight, of course) is forgiving.  I have a really hard time with that.  When people do me wrong, especially people that I love and care about, I have a really hard time forgiving.......I have a problem with it that I need to work on.....I know my spirit will grow even more if I can just forgive.  But it's hard.  Another thing I'm going to work on this year is being ita vave towards my kids.  I get angry to fast and I yell too much.  I always feel bad after, because they really are such great kids....and I really need to work on it....Ova and I both do!

For all of you who were a part of our lives in 2012.....thank you, we love you!

Here's to a happy, healthy, successful 2013!!!

1 comment:

pwincessdi said...

Oh Mon I love your goals & your spirit! You are such a good person. I learn so much from you. Thanks for being such a great friend to me. Happy new year!!