"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

March 8, 2013

Elder's Quorum "Date Night"

With my crazy work schedule and Ova being immobile for so long, we've been a little de-tached from the world.  That, unfortunately means church and church activities.  David Maumau, Ova's first cousin (and my BFF's husband) is the new Elder's Quorum president in our ward and he came and invited us to a 'date night' that they had been planning as a quorum.  I just so happened to be off work that night, so finally we were going to be able to go.....and I'm so glad we did!  It was so much fun to be able to hang out with the other couples in our ward.  They served us dinner, and we played some games....and we ended with a dance....it was such a great time!  I love our ward.....and to be honest, I've come a long way to be able to say that.  We've been in the ward since we got married, 10 years ago, and just now are we really getting involved, and really feel a part of it.  Grateful for great leaders who love us and care about us.  Grateful for their understanding in our situation at home....with me working and not being able to attend church as much as I would like to....and with Ova's health.  For an outsider, it may look like we're inactive and that we don't have a testimony, but that is so far from the truth.  I know that we need to work harder, be more active and make some changes to the comfortable-ness that we've allowed ourselves to fall into....but one thing is for sure.  We do have a strong testimony of the gospel and we do live the principles of it.  Slowly but surely, we're getting there.....but we're grateful for leaders, friends, home/visiting teachers who love and push us to be our best!

My LOVE and I...


Elders Quorum President on the far left....with some of the men in the ward....
 

No comments: