"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

July 18, 2011

Mindful

It never ceases to amaze me how mindful the Lord is of my little family.  Everything truely happens in HIS timing, and this past week we were yet again reminded of that.

Back in February, Ova lost his job at Dannon.....if you follow my blog, you probably can remember how much of a heart-breaker that was for me.  That was the perfect job, the biggest blessing, and the place I thought Ova would work at the rest of his life...and retire from.  Him losing the job hurt a lot.  But now I understand exactly why.  It was supposed to happen.  It was the Lord's plan and the Lord's timing for our little family.  Him losing the job meant we could go to church as a family.....it meant we could get back on track.  It meant Ova and I could work out all the kinks and quirks we were facing and get back on track.

Ova qualified for unemployment, so the financial part of it wasn't a huge issue.....but I knew he needed to find a job soon.  I updated his resume, made it look really nice and professional and started applying him anywhere and everywhere that was hiring.  After a few months, I started getting discouraged.  He had a few people call him back, but it either didn't work out or the jobs were only part-time and paid way way less than he was getting from unemployement, so we decided to hold out and keep on looking.

Obviously, I found out I was pregnant, and not to long after that, found out that we were having twins.  We were exstatic and so super excited that our family was growing.....but then reality kicked in.  There was no way we were going to be able to afford diapers for three babies on his unemployment and my dinky income from the airport......we  needed to pray and look harder.  We did that until I started having complications with my pregnancy and then our focus was a little skewed.  I didn't put in any applications for him for a couple weeks, because I was just focusing on what the Dr. was telling me to do. 

Then the hard news hit.  My Dr didn't want me working AT ALL for the rest of my pregnancy.  I'm only 3 1/2 months right now so that meant I would not be working for almost a year.  Don't get me wrong, I was only part-time and only worked like one or two nights a week, but that extra few hundred a month seriously helped out.  At that same time we found out that Ova only had 7 more weeks of unemployment benefits before they ran out......we could have reapplied, but it wasn't a guarantee they would extend it. 

I had a little break-down to myself and came to my room one night.  I prayed.....had the longest conversation with my Heavenly Father....cried to him about my situation with the pregnancy, and our situation financially.  I begged and pleaded for his help. 

A few nights after that we were kickin' it out on the front porch with Kina and Tina......that's something we pretty much do every single night....since the weather is so nice.  We were just talking about anything and everything and then Tina mentioned that this place was hiring......her sister's brother in law has been working there for several years now and it's a really good job, but it's hard to get into.  I ran straight to my room and grabbed my laptop and started filling out the application for Ova.  I told him to call his cousin (the one that works there) to see if there were any strings that could be pulled or anything that Ova could do to help speed up the process......he just said to be patient, it takes a while for them to go through the applications and to call people back for interviews.  I finished the application, submitted it and then kinda forgot about it because everyone that we talked to said it would be at least a couple months before we get a call back.

A week later Ova and I were in our room watching t.v. and he noticed a voicemail on his phone.  He listened to it and got all excited and handed the phone to me.  It was the recruiter calling him for an interview.  His interview was scheduled for the next day at 8am.  We said a prayer before we went to sleep that night and we said a prayer bright and early the next morning before we headed to the interview (I went along to keep him company on the ride.....since it's in Orem)  He went in and had his interview and then when he came out, he got another interview from me asking how it went....hahaha.  He told me it went really well, that he had a really good feeling and that they told him they were interviewing a lot of people and they would call him back the next day with a yes or a no.  So we just wait.

We got home and went out on the back patio.....then at about 3pm, Ova got a phone call.  It was the guy that conducted the interview.....offering him the job.  I couldn't believe it.  It seemed too easy.  If that wasn't a direct blessing and answer to our prayers, I don't know what is. 

Ova applied for the job last week.  He got a call for an interview on Monday.  Interviewed on Tuesday.  Got offered the job on Tuesday, and he started on Thursday last week.

We consider it a HUGE blessing and are well aware of how perfect the timing of this blessing was.

I got to spend 5 months having my husband at home, which was wonderful, but the BEST part about it is this job is it's closed on Sunday so he will still be able to go to church with us every Sunday!!

So happy that he's got a good job and he's back to the working world!  BLESSED!

9 comments:

shaunita said...

Yay! Congrats to Ova!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! Your faith has carried your family through so much!! Congrats to the both of you for all the many blessings in your family at this time & in the near future. :D You are amazing!! :D

Tina Tuakoi said...

What a huge blessing! So happy for you guys!! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, the lord is most definitely mindful of all our needs.. :) So happy for your little family!! :)

pwincessdi said...

Monica I am so happy for you guys. You two have definitely gone thru a lot, but you're faith was still in tact. Thanks for sharing, it's so touching to hear the struggle and then the rainbow that follows :) Congrats to your lil family that's amazing! :)

Aki said...

So happy for you lil' family...congrats!!

Dasl*it Photography said...

Good things happen to good people.. SO happy for your family Monica.. OFa atu

Melissa Snyder said...

What a HUGE blessing Monica! I am sure you feel so incredibly blessed. We are going through the same thing right now. Looking for the job that will work out. Right now it is not soo good. I am not working and about ready to have this baby. It is alittle nerve racking but I just know the Lord is aware of our little family too. Congrats to Ova. Hope you are feeling well. Love ya!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Congrats Ova. That's awesome