"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

March 1, 2012

Sisters

A sister is one of the nicest things
that can happen to anyone.
She is someone to laugh with and share with,
to work with and join in the fun.
She is someone who helps in the rough times
and knows when you need a warm smile.
She is somone who will quietly listen
when you just want to talk for awhile.
A sister is dear to you always,
for she is someone who is always a part
of all the favorite memories
that you keep very close to your heart.


I have been very lucky to have been blessed with 3 sisters!   We have our disagreements and misunderstandings, and we fight like sisters do sometimes, but when it comes down to it, we are ALWAYS there for each other, no matter what!  I've been wanting to blog about my sisters for some time now, but I don't really think that anything I could say or do would really show how much I love and appreciate them and how grateful I am that they are my sisters.  They've always been there for me my whole life, and when everything happened with the complications of my pregnancy, losing and burying baby Cindy, and having baby Katea too soon, they were always there....right by my side....letting me cry, crying with me, coming to the hospital to visit, spending the whole day with me if I had a bad day, calling or texting me everyday to see how me or baby was doing....celebrating the progress made and crying with me when she had her set-backs....praying, fasting....caring.

I always know if I need anything at all, I can always call one of my sisters and they'll help me out.  They have their own families and their own lives, and I don't expect them to drop what their doing to be there for me, but they do....and they have more than just once.  I'm so grateful to have such great sisters!  This past weekend, and actually the whole week since baby got admitted back to the hospital, they have been more help then I could have ever asked for. 

Friday baby got admitted to the hospital
Saturday morning Marie came and stayed with baby at the hopsital for several hours so that I could go to the temple when Suliana got her endowments out.
Saturday night, I was having a rough night and Leslie drove all the way up to the hospital (after all day at school) just to keep me company
Saturday night my mom came to the hospital with dinner and to keep me and Leslie company
Monday Leka came to help Ova with his surprise for his brother
Thursday Leka came again to help Ova and she stayed overnight with me at the hospital that night
Friday night Leslie stayed all night with baby at the hospital so I could go to Sau's wedding dance
Friday night and Saturday morning Leka stayed with baby so I could go to Sau's sealing
All day Saturday Marie stayed with baby at the hospital so I could go to the reception.

I asked them to stay with baby for a few hours....Tongan stuff hardly ever ends on time, so they all ended up staying with her several hours.  Not one of them complained.  Because of them I was able to go to my bil's wedding, and not freak out that baby was all alone.  I knew as long as they were there, she was in excellent hands.  I'm so grateful for my sisters!

I don't want to leave my mom out of this post either.  My mom has been everything my sisters have been and more.  She was planning on staying with baby this weekend, but she caught that nasty bug that's going around and wasn't able to come.  My sisters stepped up and helped out though, so there was no worries!

I truly have been blessed with such a great family, all around.
They live so far away, but make time all the time to come up and visit us.
When baby Katea was still in the NICU, my parents came every week....my mom came two or three times a week sometimes.
When baby got admitted to Primary's, my whole family came again to visit, check in on us and make sure we were ok.
I'm so grateful for my family.
That's what families are for, that's what they should do....be there for each other, bear each other's burdens....
Thank you, thank you, thank you to my family who is ALWAYS there NO.MATTER.WHAT!
I love you!

3 comments:

pwincessdi said...

Aww I love SISTERS too!! Your sisters are so sweet. I love this post it made me teary eyed thinking of how my life would be without my sisters :) Love ya Monica
"Sisters by chance, friends my choice" one of my fave sister quotes :)

IONGI FAMILY said...

THANK HEAVEN FOR SISTERS!!! great post love u Mon!!

Mua said...

Sisters are the best! I love this post, glad they were able to be there for you :)