"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

March 11, 2012

Smart little Monster

My little Lautala just barely turned 2 years old in January, only 2 months ago......but you'd think she's a lot older than she is because of how much she talks.  She can carry on a conversation....full on sentences...she understands everything people say to her, she asks A LOT of questions and she even makes sarcastic remarks.  She's way too smart for her age!  Just today she made me laugh, so I thought I'd write it down.....so I can remember it down the road.

I'm sitting in the living room on the couch holding baby Katea and watching tv, Lautala comes up to me and this is how the conversation went:

Tala:  Mom, go tore and buy pizza, I hugry

Me:  I don't have any money baby

Tala:  Oh, I find money mom....(holding her pointer finger in the air, she says)  way second I be back (then she leaves and comes back with $20)

Me:  Baby, where did you get that from?

Tala:  In u woom

I asked her to take me and show me where she got it from and she walked me into my room, opened the top drawer of my computer desk and pointed

Tala:  wight der mom

I just had to laugh that she found my secret hiding spot (that even I had forgotten about...haha)  She is too smart for her age.....

Needless to say, we ended up eating pizza for lunch!  That's my little smarty pants.

Not only is she too smart for her age, but she's a father/grandma induced monster.  I know that sounds crazy, but it is SO true!  She has everyone (especially her dad and her gramma Tea) wrapped around her little fingers and she can get away with anything with them!  I mean A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G!  Here's a couple examples of what I'm talking about!
The other day I was on the computer and Tala walks in to say hi to me.  She was covered in marker, she had written all over herself....her face, her arms and hands, her legs.....she was covered!  I slapped her hand and told her "no no Tala, you don't write on yourself...you write on paper"  She started crying and walked out of the room.  When I was done on the computer I walked out to the living room and I see Gramma Tea sitting on the couch holding Tala....and Tala was drawing all over herself.  I went and grabbed the marker away from Tala and I said "hello Tea, I can't believe you're holding her and she's writing all over herself"  Tea said to me "I told her no, and she told me to shut up, so I just let her"......then I said "um, who's the adult here"  we both giggle and I walk to the kitchen as Tala says "mean mommy" .....such a Monster!

Ova is just as bad.  He doesn't hardly ever yell or discipline her, and when he does....she knows she can just throw a dramatic fit and he will immediately apologize to her, pick her up, hug her and give her candy or something.  She's a smart little girl and she knows exactly what she can get away with and she uses it to her full advantage.

I tell them both all the time.....she's a monster because of them!  :-/

I, on the other hand am the only one that disciplines her, and I don't feel bad about it.  She can't get away with the stuff she can get away with, with them, with me.....yet I'm still her favorite and she's such a mama's girl!  I guess it is true, kids like discipline!  :) 

I wonder what will happened when baby Katea gets older....it'll probably be so much worse because of all she's been through, and because she's named after Gramma Tea.....a-oh...I better get prepared!  LOL!

3 comments:

Mua said...

Hahaha! She is too funny and smart!

Siu said...

awwww... that sounds exactly like little Finau. haha.. Too cute!

lilika'imoana said...

thanks for stopping by the blog and for your sweet words... i'm so glad i found another great blog to follow :) you have the most beautiful children! hope all is well and continue to be updated by the blog world hehe ofa atu!