"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

March 8, 2012

QT with G-ma

My mom is an RN and has worked ever since I can remember.  She hasn't been able to spend as much time as she has wanted with her grandkids because she was so busy working all the time.  This past few weeks she's had some problems with her hand, which resulted in the need for surgery.  The surgery gave her time off work to heal....several weeks actually....and it's been so nice to be able to see more of her!

She's taken full advantage (now that her hand is feeling a little better) to spend time with her grandkids....all 17 of them!  She texted me and asked me what I was doing yesterday....I said nothing...she asked if she could come spend the day with us....I said OF COURSE!!  :)  She spent the day before with my older sister Leslie and her kids....she slept over that night with my little sister Marie and her kids....and yesterday was our turn!!  :)   She came and hung out with us for a little while at home and then we were all hungry....Tea was here so she stayed with baby Katea and my mom took me and my older kids to Burger King to grab some lunch.  It was fun as we sat there talking and watching the kids play on the play place.
After we ate, I had a few errands to run, so my mom and kids went along.  It was nice that I was able to run into all the places I needed to and leave my kids in the car with Gramma!  haha  Things got done so much quicker! 

We came back home and just hung out.  Gramma Cindy played with baby Katea, Makai and Mone were playing wrecklessly like boys do...and Lautala was being a bossy monster....lol.  When Ova was ready to leave for work, the weather was H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E!!  It was a huge blizzard, whiteout....bad bad storm.  Yay for us because Gramma ended up sleeping over!  She lives all the way in Utah county, and it was late and too much snow for her to drive home.  She slept on the lower bunk in my boys room...with them!  Precious moments!

This morning we woke up and Makai made us all breakfast before my mom had to leave.  I'm so grateful that she took the time to come and spend time with my kids.  Nothing better than quality family time.....especially with Gramma!

She also brought some outfits and surprises for the kids.....spoiled much??!!  Here is a picture of Lautala modeling one of the outfits from Gramma!  Thank you G-ma.....WE.LOVE.YOU!!

2 comments:

Lani M. Latu said...

Awww that's awesome u guys got to spend some quality time with your mom... But I agree totally, it's so much more easier to run errands with grandma around! lol

Kassie said...

Awww so cute. I love that your Mom is so involved..it reminds me of my Momma...I'm going to miss these moments when we leave! So fun she got to sleep over and don't you LOVE when you can leave the kids in the car with them and run inside..like you said, get things done QUICK without a fight! Lol...:)