"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

June 30, 2011

Horrible Day!!

Today was one of probably the most scary and emotional days of my life....and it started super duper early.

***This post may be a little graphic, so it's not for those with weak stomachs***

I was dead asleep last night and all the sudden I felt something wet.  I totally thought I was just sweating because it was so freakin' hot in my room, but then I felt it again....I reached down and felt the wet and looked at my hand......it was covered with blood.....I got up and ran to the bathroom and blood ran out of me all the way from my side of the bed covering the floor with a trail of blood and then I filled the toilet with blood, I'm not exaggerating when I say I probably bled close to a gallon.  I wished I was dreaming, but I wasn't.  I screamed "Babe, get up I'm bleeding all over the place"  he jumped up and started crying.  We've just been through this too many times.  I jumped in the shower to rinse off the blood and got ready to go to the emergency room.

Before we headed out the door Ova gave me a blessing.  Immediately I was comforted.  Even with all the blood, I felt like everything was going to be ok.  I didn't even cry, which was super duper weird for me....especially since I'm such a crybaby.  By the time we got to the emergency room, I had filled another pad and leaked onto my pants.  As soon as I told them I was 13 weeks pregnant with twins and that I was bleeding heavily, they didn't even make me wait...they rushed me back.  I think that was quickest service I've ever received at an emergency room before, which was both comforting and scary.

They wanted me to explain what happened.  And I did.  I had never bled at all before during this pregnancy.  I'd been extremely nauseas the whole pregnancy but the past two days I was actually feeling better.  The blood ran out of me like water and it wasn't bright red, it was like brownish red and there were no clots in it, and I was not cramping at all.  All of those things were hopeful signs, but the amount of blood I was losing was alarming.  They did a pelvic exam (I hate those) and a cath (I hate those even worse).....they found out that I have a bladder infection and I already tested positive for strep B.  They gave me an IV and took a lot of blood for testing.....but what I really wanted was an ultrasound.  Being able to see the babies myself would probably be the only thing that would calm my nerves a little.  The ultrasound tech finally came to my room and we did the ultrasound.....the very first thing we saw was both little baby's and their hearts were pumping.  I just kept thinking that Ova's blessing for a miracle was answered.  They were measuring great, baby A as measuring 12weeks1day and baby B was measuring 12weeks2days....with heartbeats of 149 and 150.  That was the biggest comfort ever.  He also saw several other pockets or empty sacs in there.  That's what was bleeding out.  I asked him where the came from and he couldn't tell me.  He said I'll either keep bleeding, my body would absorb them or I would pass them (in the form of clots).......he was the most reassuring person I talked to today.  My babies were ok and that's all I was worried about.

Then the ER doctor came in and she told me a slightly different story.  She did the pelvic exam and said that she didn't see much more blood coming, but that within 24 hours I would either miscarry or I wouldn't......I know she's a Dr and all, but she's not an OB and I chose to put more trust in the ultrasound tech, and what we saw then in what she said. 

She gave me some antibiotics for my bladder infections and told me to contact my OB in the morning......and 4 hours after we got there, we were leaving.

I came home and called my Dr......the nurse I spoke with got me during my breakdown.....I totally cried to her, but she's so sweet and sympathic.  She told me that I should just rest today and she would schedule me for another ultrasound tomorrow to make sure the babies were still ok and that all the blood had passed.  She told me she requested all the information from the emergency room and that her and my Dr would go over it and get back to me sometime today.  I anxiously waited all day long.

She called me back to let me know what time my ultrasound was scheduled and to check up on me.  She asked me how I was doing and feeling.  She is so sweet.  She told me she went over the info with the doctor and that everything looked really good.  She said there was a pocket of blood in between the placenta and the uterus and that's what was bleeding out.  She comforted me a lot.

I continued bleeding until about noon......the blood got darker red and I did pass a few clots, but as soon as I did I haven't had any blood since then, not even a little pink.  I feel ok.  I'm glad I got to see them and hear their heartbeats, that was very comforting!  I have faith in the power of my husband's blessing and I feel like everything will be ok!

We are supposed to drive to Vegas tomorrow morning because my nephew is getting baptized this weekend.  I'm not going to drive anymore, but Ova will still go with the kids.  I'll go to my ultrasound and if the Dr tells me it's ok I'm going to fly out there tomorrow night. 

It's been a draining, emotional and very very stressful day....but I'm ending it feeling at peace and grateful for the power of the priesthood and the power of faith.

If you get a minute....please spare a prayer for me and my babies tonight!!


Kassie said...

:'( I can't imagine how you're feeling. I'm glad the babies are okay. Praying for the best outcome..hang in there! Take it easy lady.. just rest! NO TRAVELING.. Hope everything continues to be okay love ya xoxo

Tina Tuakoi said...

What a horrible experience! :( We'll definitely be praying for you and the little ones. Glad to hear your no longer bleeding and the u/s tech sounded very optismistic. :)

Dasl*it Photography said...

OMG... Can you please stay home and rest, not feeling the traveling this weekend.. Monica you are a strong women with a strong faith in our Father in Heaven, he will be by your side.. I love you Fangupo family..

Heather and Kevin said...

Wow that has to be so scary. You guys will definitely be in our prayers. I believe in the power of blessing too :)

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Awww...I'm so glad everything's okay so far. We're praying for you. That's such a terrible experience. I'm so happy you have the power of the priesthood in your home. Love you Mon!!


I'm so glad things are ok Monica, you kinda threw me for a scare. I hope all goes well with this next ultrasound :) My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today!

Siu said...

Oh Mon! :( How scary! Glad the babies are doing ok!! Love you.. xoxox

Aki said...

Very glad to hear your okay Monica...prayers comin' your way...take care or yourself chicka & get some rest. luv ya =)

Sinai said...

That's so scary. I hope all will be ok with you. Take it easy. Continue to trust in the Lord and all will work out. Love ya!