"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

December 6, 2010

I.MISS.IT

I am so sad.  I was in the middle of doing my homework the other night and my laptop froze on me.  I didn't know what happened so I turned it off and tried to reboot it.  It turned on but wouldn't get past the microsoft corporation running bar to log into windows.  I shut it off and on like 10 more times just hoping it would eventually work.  It never did.  I could have cried.  I texted one of my friends that I work with and told him what was going on.  He told me he'd look at it and from what I explained he said it should be an easy fix.  I took my computer to him and after two days he still couldn't fix it.  I was devistated.  He told me that the only way he might be able to fix it is to wipe my hard-drive completely which means I'd lose EVERYTHING.  I don't know why, but I never backed up my information and now I am facing losing it all, all the baby pictures from all my kids, the pictures from our trip to Tonga, our resumes, just all the little 'memories' I've collected over the years....everything!  I didn't want him to wipe it until I knew for sure that was the ONLY thing I could do.  I asked my fb family for suggesstions of people who can work computer miracles and got a bunch of suggestions.  One of the people suggested was Ron Moleni, he's a computer genius!  I called him and asked him to look at my computer....I dropped it off to him and he called me not too long after.  I was praying for good news, but that's not what I got.  He said that my hard-drives are corrupt.  He couldn't tell me what happened because it was so bad that he couldn't even get into it.  He explained to me that every computer has two hard-drives.  It's normal for your hard-drive to catch a virus or get corrupted every once in a while, but usually it's an easy fix because you can just transfer all your information to the other hard-drive and wipe clean the bad one, then transfer the info back.  Both hard-drives on my computer were corrupt.  He has a program that he can install that will 'try' to save my files, but there's no guarantee, and it takes a long time.  I am heart-broken.  I never really realized how much I use my computer until I lost it.  I don't know how long it will take to fix, or even if it is fixable.  I sure hope it is.  I miss it!  Thankfully my mom was nice enough to let me borrow her computer just long enough for me to do my homework and to get through my finals.  Thanks Mom!!  Just thought I'd take a minute to vent my sadness.  Praying he can save my stuff!

4 comments:

Fred & Shenna Frost said...

Hey gal! I know EXACTLY how you feel! We've had 2 laptops die out on us but luckily for us my we've had family to help. At the time, my hubby had cousin who was a computer whiz and at the LEAST he was able to save the content on our hard drive. I have a cousin here who is a computer whiz too and if you want, I'll see if he can at least save your files and I'll ask him what he charges. Let me know! :)

Fred & Shenna Frost said...

In my excitement to help you, I didn't read your last paragraph of taking it another comp.genius! lol Awww...well, let me know if you want to try still. Sorry for your lost photos...it's always a bummer. We lost a desktop computer that we weren't able to save files from. It stinks. :0/

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Hahaha thanks Shenna.....I'm praying Ron will be able to fix it....at least I know now that I HAVE TO BACKUP all my files...I'm just sick thinking I'm going to lose all that stuff....good thing I blog because a lot of my pictures are on here....

IONGI FAMILY said...

Technology its a love hate relationship lol!! hope ur whiz can save it!!! had the same thing happen to us on my laptop and a desk top NO BUENO!!!