"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

June 17, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I know it's a little pre-mature, but since my husband works on Sunday.....we decided to celebrate Father's Day a little early.   He's been dropping hints here and there that he really wanted some tools to fix up the yard, like a lawn mower, a weed-eater, and edger.....etc.... well, I of course tried to play it off like I wasn't really paying attention to his hints, but I did hear loud and clear.... I la-la-la-Love to surprise him, I think it almost gives me more satisfaction to see him happy than it does for him receiving the gift....hahaha!  Well, he'd been working all day long on Tuesday and when he got off work, I had dinner ready for him....and then he went to rugby practice.  I had seen an info-mercial on tv about the Worx GT, it's an edger/trimmer/weed-eater all in one.... and the cool thing is, is that it comes with lifetime string refills.  Well, I ordered it for him and was planning in giving it to him on Tuesday night because he was off on Wednesday.... smart on my part, cause he'd be getting his father's day gift early, and I'd be getting a clean yard this week...hahaha.... it didn't quite work out that way though cause it rained all day on Wednesday, so no yard work was done.... Anyways, when he got back from rugby we were kickin' it outside on the patio and I whispered to Mone to go and get daddy's present.  He went and dragged this big old box out and said "Happy Father's Day Daddy"  it was so cute!  The box was blank on the outside so Ova didn't know what it was at first, but as soon as he opened it, he had the biggest smile on his face and he was so happy.......and I got the satisfaction I always love!  I just sat back and watched him act like a little kid opening a Christmas present, he immediately put it together and went out to the front yard to test it out (keep in mind it's like midnight)  needless to say, he was very happy!


In Ova's family when he was growing up, Father's day was never made out to be as important as Mother's day was.... so I'm trying to change that with my little family.  Father's day, to me, is very important.  I've been very blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful men in my life, all for whom I am very grateful.  This post is a little tribute to all the 'Fathers' in my life.  My husband, the father of my children.... I'm so grateful for his love, his humor, his smile, his priesthood, and especially for working so hard to provide for our little family...I'm so grateful to him for taking me to the temple and for doing all the little things everyday that make me feel special and loved.  My Dad.... I'm so grateful to him for always being such a good example of faith and love, I'm so grateful for his testimony of the gospel and his unconditional love his has for every single person he comes in contact with,  I'm so grateful to him for raising me and teaching me when I was young that choosing the right is what will truely bring me happiness in my life.  My Father-in-law.... I'm so grateful to him for his faith, and for raising such a wonderful young man just for me!  :)  And of course on this Father's Day week....I can't forget to thank my Heavenly Father for all the blessings he has blessed me with.  I'm so grateful for his unconditional love, for his forgivness, for his sacrifices and especially for blessing me with all these wonderful men in my life.  I hope they all have a very happy Father's Day this weekend.

2 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

I love surprising my hubby too!!! pictures say a thousand words, what a great tribute Monica!!! Happy Fathers day Ova love u guys

Kiki Fangupo said...

K toa is addicted to buying things off HSN and now I hear you're purchasing things off infomercials... I am glad I don't watch TV that often hahaha jk I am jealous that yall have grass to cut/weed ;) Hope Ova had a Happy Fathers Day