"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

April 4, 2013

Weekend Getaway

Because sometimes you just need a little getaway, even if it is just down the street!  Everyone needs a little R&R as a couple without the kids!  #MiniVacayCloseToHome #NoKids
 
I have been working a lot of hours lately and I just needed a break.  There's nothing I love more than spending QT with my Ova so I booked a hotel room for the weekend and I when I got home from work I told him we were taking a vacation!  LOL  I didn't have anything big planned, just a break, away from work, away from home, where we could get long hours of uninterrupted sleep, watching conference (it was conference weekend) and spend time together.  In my mind, it was going to be perfect!  ha ha ha  
 I woke up early Saturday morning and ordered us breakfast off the room service menu and we watched the whole first session of the GC.  I always love listening to the prophets and the messages they prepare, it's always something that I need to hear, and I love the spirit in the air during conference time.  Everyone starts talking about the awesome lessons they learned and how they set new goals for themselves and it gives everyone a spiritual high.  I love that!

 
My parents have made it a tradition to take all the older grandkids (8 and older) for the weekend during conference.  My dad always gets tickets to the conference and they all go watch it together....we tried it at first with the adults and everyone, but we figured out that it works out better with just the oldest grandkids, and it's become a very special time of the year that all the kids look forward to.  Quality time with Gramma and Grampa while learning the importance of listening and paying attention to the conference messages.  I am so blessed to have the parents I do!
 
After the first session of the Saturday conference was over, Ova and I headed home to get Makai so we could take him to the hotel where Gma and Gpa were waiting with the other grandkids.  This year they stayed in a different hotel than they usually do, and it was the perfect spot!  I dropped Makai off and walked him upstairs to the room.  My parents got 2 rooms, one for all the girls and one for all the boys!  This was the view from the boy's hotel room!  Beautiful view of temple square!

These little sidebusters threw a fit when we went home to pick up Makai that it wasn't fair that they had to stay home, so we caved and told them they could come to the hotel with us.  It never fails, we always let them crash our little getaways LOL.  At least we got some quality time alone for one night!  :)  Really we love spending time with our kids so we both kinda already knew it was gonna happen!  LOL
 
We dropped Makai off and wanted to hurry and grab something to eat before heading back to the hotel to watch the second session of the conference.  We wanted cheese fries so we stopped at Dee's.
Baby K loved the onion rings...

We went back to the hotel and watched the second session of the conference and then we hit the pool.  It was so awesome because we had the whole entire place to ourselves.  We swam for hours!  Baby Katea was loving the water and Tala girl was being so daring jumping off the sides of the pool for Ova to catch her.....we had fun and we swam ourselves so tired!
After swimming we were so tired that we ordered some Mexican food and I think we all fell asleep while we were eating haha.  We woke up on Sunday morning and headed home and back to the crazy busy life.  It's nice to take these little breaks once in a while.  I feel like life is so busy that we miss out on so much.  My kids are growing so fast that it makes me sad.  I'm glad that Ova and I have taken these opportunities to spend time alone and with our kids. 
We.Are.Blessed!

No comments: