"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

November 19, 2009

A Lesson Learned




A lesson to my boys from their father:

You always need to wear a white shirt and tie to church on Sundays....other color shirts are okay to wear to meetings and dances, but wearing white on the Sabbath shows our love and respect for the Lord and his sacred services that are held that day.

Also a lesson to me, if I dress them in white shirts and ties every single Sunday, they will get in the habbit of wearing it....I'm teaching them to be like missionaries!!

So, I know this post is random....but my husband always gets irritated at me when I throw a collared shirt on my boys for church....and in the summer time, I will admit that I put shorts on them w/ a nice collared shirt, not necessarily a white one.... now I understand his reasoning... and what's more important is my boys understand. This may just be Ova's point of view on a small thing we can do to show respect to our Heavenly Father....but I love the little life lessons he teaches our children!

No comments: