"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

April 30, 2009

So cute..

So we've been going to the rec center to swim a few times a week...it's good exercise for Ova and it's fun family time for us and our boys. We went yesterday when I got off work and Mone is FINALLY not scared...I think he went under the water the first time we went swimming and he has been scared to death ever since then. Slowly he's been trying to be a little more daring, letting go of us and walking into the middle by himself...today he was extra brave...maybe TOO brave because he had me chasing him all over the kiddie pool. He was jumping off this sides and going down the slide. I'm happy he's not scared anymore... I sure do have little water babies. NEways, there was a group of handicap people who came swimming they were all over the pool and their caretaker was telling me they were supposed to be "exercising" not playing. I bought one of those water balls that you can throw around and was playing catch with Filimone. One of the ladies kept standing there stareing at Mone and laughing when he would try to catch the ball. And what happened next was so cute, it almost made me cry. Mone totally turned away from me and threw the ball to the lady. She was SOOOO happy, she had the biggest smile on her face as she picked up the ball to throw it back to him. I kinda slid away and sat on the edge just watching them. He saw that she was watching and started playing catch with her. After a while, it was time for us to go and I told Mone to tell her goodbye. He just waved and let her keep the ball. After we went and took a shower and got dressed, we were walking out through the lobby and we saw the lady standing there. I just walked by and smiled and Mone said "Bye friend" and waved at her as we walked out the door. I just thought it was so touching that a 2 year old would understand that she was special. I mean, he wouldn't share the ball with any of the other kids in the pool, but it was his idea to share it with her....

2 comments:

shaunita said...

what a great story. We have a lot to learn from children...

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Love you Mone!