"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Grampa Makai!!!

So it was my dad's birthday and we all got together to go down and have a bbq with him. That's like his favorite thing in the world to do (I won't say he's the best bbq'er because, HELLO I'm married to a Fangupo) but my dad loves to bbq. And to be able to bbq with all his grandkids, he was in heaven. He's got 11 grandkids...almost 12 and he loves all of them to death...he's so cute with all of them, always getting down to their level, playing with them and rolling around on the ground. All the kids just LOVE grampa Makai. His bbq birthday bash was just another time for them to get together to have fun with grandpa. Here are some photos of his special day...

Some of the Makai grandkids


Me and my sisters


Dad standin at the bbq while all the kids play on his bikes





Grampa Makai and Mone Pone


After playing outside for a couple hours while grampa finished up the bbq, we finally got to go inside to eat!

All the kids grubbin on g-pa's bbq...





Grampa Carr gettin his grub on


My dad is a very special man, always making time for his calling, his family, and anyone else who needs him. He's got the biggest heart of any man I know and I'm so grateful for him. I'm glad we all took time to go down and spend his special day with him. Happy Birthday dad! We love you!

1 comment:

ma'elePHOTO said...

Happy Birthday Bishop/ President Makai!!!!

I have such FOND memories of your dad Mon. He was always SOOOO sweet and loving and forgiving. I agree, he is such an AWESOME man!!! This goes waaaay back. What a great post! Thank you for sharing!!!