"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

January 19, 2013

Fale's bridal shower

Safi is my first cousin, but we consider him our brother.  He's my Dad's only sister's son and he's been living with my parents for the past few years.  He's the joker kind that always has something sarcastic to say, and he's the uncle that all the kids are scared of because he's always scaring them or teasing them or tickling them, and he's really rough about it.  LOL  He has a very rough and harsh sense of humor, and most of the older grandkids have finally gotten used to it, but my little Tala is still scared of him LOL.  He still acts like a little kid himself, so when I found out on Christmas that he was getting married, I was completely shocked!  I didn't even know he liked girls, let alone that he has had a girlfriend for almost a whole year!  LOL.

We found out on Christmas that he was getting married and everything after that happened so quickly.  The wedding was set for January, that was less than a month away.

My Aunty Denise wanted to put together a little bridal shower for Fale....her family wasn't planning on throwing her one, but we didn't want her not to have one, so everyone met at Leslie's house to plan it out (I conference called because I had to work) we weren't planning anything big, just a little something to show Fale that we loved our brother and that we were excited to welcome her into our family.  Fale is from my parent's ward, so the shower would just be us and the ward...and of course we invited her family to come too!

Anything Denise does is amazing!  She's so crafty and creative and she had the place decorated so beautifully.  Safi and Fale chose Red/Black/White for their colors......really they just chose red because that is their favorite color, but we decided to incorporated black and white so they could have a whole color scheme.  The shower was beautiful and a lot of people came.  It was just simple, held in the gym of my parent's ward....we just had finger foods and some desserts and we did it more like and open house...no games, just mingling and visiting and then she opened her presents.  I don't know Fale very well at all.  The first time I met her was at my parents house on Christmas when they told me they were getting married.  She's a very quiet girl, but I'm happy that she's marrying my brother Safi.  Hopefully she'll be just what he needs to calm down and settle down.  And hopefully she knows that we love and welcome her to our family!  :)

So my parents have sent 3 kids on a mission (me, Misi, Misipou) and married off 6 of us (Leslie, me, Marie, Misi, Fanga & Safi)....we're just waiting on Leka to find her Mr. Right and then my parents will be kid free LOL

 

No comments: