"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

January 18, 2013

Dad's letter

When I was serving as a missionary in the Chile, Santiago West mission, I only got one single letter from my Dad the entire time I was out there.  Only one.  It is my most favorite letter I have ever received!!  I love it so much because it's totally my dad.  He wrote it himself, without any help.  He wrote it exactly how he speaks, and I read it with his voice in my mind exactly as if he was talking right to me.  I love my Dad so much!  He's not a man of many words (well, he used to not be..... but being a stake president has helped that a lot!) ......and he never liked to write because he was always unsure of how to spell things.  I remember when we were young, he used to always ask us kids to help him spell check his work, or he would just have us write it for him.  This one single letter that I received from him meant the world to me, and I will always cherish it!  Always a daddy's girl!