"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

November 22, 2012

Blessings / Grandparents / Ma / Prayers

My cousin McAbe blessed his baby boy today, and my kids and I drove down to Payson to support.  That's the first time I've ever met my handsome little nephew.  He looks so much like his dad, it's crazy!  Little Keione McAbe Fatai was born a couple months ago and he's the first grandchild for my Uncle Daniel....that makes for one spoiled little boy!  :)  The blessing was so beautiful, it was given by his Dad, McAbe and it was such a beautiful blessing!  Can't believe my little cousin is married and a dad.  Seems crazy how fast time flies.  I still see him and my little brother as little kids. LOL.  Them being married and fathers make me feel super old.  LOL.


After the blessing we went and hung out and my parents house for a little while.  I've been working a lot lately and haven't had the chance to go down and see them for a while, so it was long overdue.  Today is the day before Thanksgiving and we won't be able to come down tomorrow....so I really wanted to spend time with them.  Sadly, as soon as we got there I sat on the couch and knocked out, just completely fatigued from lots of hours at work and not many hours of sleep....but at least my kids got to spend quality time with their grandparents.  My dad always gets down on the ground and plays and wrestles with the kids.  The little kid in himself comes out when his grandkids are around and it's so cute, I love it!  I took baby Katea with me today, just to get her out of the house.  Poor baby girl is confined to the house and has been for most of her life.....I wanted to take her out before the winter weather hits.  She was loving it!  She likes to go and get out of the house....and I wish I could take her out more often....but I'm so scared for her little lungs.  She's already been hospitalized so many times just since she left the NICU.  I know she needs to be out and about, but I guess I'm having a hard time finding the balance that will allow me to take her out and keep her protected and safe.  One thing that has helped so much was us moving downstairs.  With less traffic and people around her all the time, she's finally able to heal and repair her little lungs!  Anyways, while we were at my parents house my dad was playing with the kids and I captured a couple videos of them playing together.  So cute!

 
 
 We had been at my parents house for a little while when I got a text from Ova.  He said "Ma just had a stroke, the ambulance just came and took her to the hospital."  Right when I read it I started crying.  My parents and my kids were asking me what was wrong and I let read them the text.  The made our visit have to end short because I needed to get to the hopsital to see if she was ok.  We said our goodbyes and my dad carried my kids out to the car and buckled them in.  He always does that.  I'm so blessed with such great and loving parents/grandparents!

As we were driving down the road my boys were asking me what a stroke was and if Ma was going to be ok.  I tried explaining the basics to them and told them I wasn't sure, that's why we had to hurry so we could see if she was ok.  Just then we hear a dinging noise....sure enough, my gas light went on. LOL. My kids were asking what that was and I told them we were running out of gas and we had to hurry and get to a gas station before we died.  If you know where my parents live, it's in the middle of nowhere.  Seriously, like 15 minutes through the country....fields and fields of cows....and no light.  We had just gotten on to that stretch of road and Mone asks me "what's going to happen if the car dies mom?"  I told him that they would have to stay in the car while I walked to the gas station to get gas and bring it back (totally joking of course) they were all so worried and then Mone asks me "Mom, can I say a prayer so we don't die?"  I said of course.  His prayer was so sweet.  He blessed the car that it will run forever and ever and not die and leave us in the dark.  And he blessed Ma to be ok.  Of course after he prayed, Lautala had to have a turn.  That's how it goes around our house right now.....prayer time takes forever because each kid has to have a turn.  Tala's prayer was super short all she said was "Heavenly Father bless Ma so she doesn't die because I will miss her, Jesus Christ, Amen."  Then Makai had a turn and blessed the car and blessed Ma and blessed everything else and anyone else you could think of.  We made it safely to the gas station and I filled up the car, and on the way home we were talking about how their prayers were answered and how because of their prayers our car didn't die and leave us in the dark.  I'm so grateful that my kids have a testimony of prayer.  Many many times things like this have happened and the first thing they always think of, before we even bring it up, is to pray.  We have been blessed over and over again because of their faithful little prayers!

When we got back to Salt Lake, I dropped my kids off at home because I didn't want to take baby Katea to the hospital.  As I was getting ready to go to the hospital to check on Ma, Tea called and said Ma was doing ok and that she was finally sleeping.  She told us not to come to the hospital tonight, just to let her rest and come in the morning.  It's been a long and eventful day and we just finished our family nighttime prayers.  It was Tala's turn to pray and of course she blessed Ma again so she can come home quick.  The faith of a little child is so powerful, I learn so much from mine!  Good night!

No comments: