"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

November 21, 2011

Makai Grandkid #17

My little brother Misi is officially a daddy!  I'm so excited for him....even though  I still feel like he's a little kid...hahaha

I got the call on the night of the 19th that they were on their way to the hospital because Pola's water broke.  I was so excited!  I anxiously waited for the call to tell me how much he was going to weigh....but the call never came that night...

The next morning at 10am, I got a text from Misi saying that she was at a 9 and that baby would be here soon!  My mom was heading up to the hospital to see him and I asked her to stop and pick me up first.  We got there about 20 minutes after she delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy....the first Makai grandchild that can carry on our family name!  :)

They named him Semisi Folau Makai....but we're gonna call him Folau!  He's so handsome and perfect!  He weighed 6lbs.9oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He has lots of long black curly hair and super fair skin.  Can't really tell who he looks like yet, but he's so cute! 

I love that they named him after my dad!  Now my dad has 3 grandkids named after him.....my son is the oldest.....Semisi Folau Makai Fangupo....but we call him Makai.  Marie's is next Semisi Folau Makai Kinikini....and we call him Misi.  And now Misi has one that we will call Folau ....and the Makai name will live on!  We told them they needed to have a lot of boys because Misi is our only chance of continuing the Makai name!  hahaha  no pressure!  :)

I'm beyond excited for him!  It's crazy to see how time has flown right by...and to see my little baby brother grow up....and be a daddy.  I know he'll do a great job, and if he's ever overwhelmed, he's got 3 sisters with lots of kids that can help him out! 

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S  Misi and Pola....he's beautiful and we love you guys!
Proud Mama



2 comments:

Kassie said...

Congrats to your family on the new addition! What a beautiful little baby! :) newborns are so much fun..

pwincessdi said...

Awww he is really cute! I think he looks like his mama, but he's still little. Congrats to your bro, and his wife..what a beautiful blessing to carry on your family name :)