"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

October 26, 2010

My baby boy's in school!

So Filimone started preschool on the 11th of October.... I really can't believe how much he's grown up and how big he is.  He's been looking forward to going to school for a long time now and has been asking me constantly since Makai went back to school when he'd get to go.  It's actually funny because he's really not supposed to be in school yet, he just turned 4 years old.   His birthday is September 7th, 6 days after the cut off date (which they are extremely strict on) but since they didn't have a full class they let him stay.  The teacher made it very clear that he probably wouldn't be able to go to kindergarden next year though....haha.  He's HUGE, and even though the youngest, he's the biggest in his class.  I made him stand on the scale the other day and he weighs 56lbs.... just about what an 8 year old should weigh...haha  he's not fat though, he's thick.  He's like a solid rock and he's SO heavy!  He's my solid little pretty-boy!  He's so funny because on his first day of school, I walked him into his classroom and there were three tables set up with puzzles and crayons and stuff for them to do while all the kids were getting there.  One table had only girls on it, the other only boys and the third had a mixture....there were seats open on all the tables.  Mone hangs his bag in his little cubby and walks straight to the table full of girls and sits down to start playing.  I looked at him with that scrunched-eyebrow what are you doing look and asked him if he wanted to go sit with the boys...he smiled and said "No, I like girls", and then another little boy got up and left the boy table to come sit by Mone...and he said "I like girls too"..... oh my goodness, I just started laughing.  I forgot to call my sister Leka to come braid his hair, so I had just pulled it back into a pony-tail.  Fearing everyone would think he's a girl, I went and made sure that the teacher let all the kids know that he was a boy.  She very kindly laughed and said to me "I don't know why people confuse him for a girl, he's a total boy"  we both laughed a little and then I left.  Since he goes to school at the high school, the high school students are his teacher aids.  Well, one of the teacher-students there is like half mexican or something, she's really pretty and I think Mone has a crush on her.  Every day when they have their group projects, he always chooses to be in her group.  Just the other day when I went to pick him up from school, he was walking out of the school holding her hand.  She opened the van door for him and he climbed in and buckled his seatbelt.  She said "Ok, bye Mone see you on Monday" and Mone said really quickly, "Bye, I'm gonna miss you so much...."  Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it..... the teacher walked over to my window and laughed and said "That's the biggest flirt of a 4 year old I've ever met"..... we both laughed a little and then she went back into the school and I drove off.  I don't know where he gets that from.....he's a crazy little kid who acts much older than his age..... Ova and I have our hands full with him!  haha


He's learning a lot.  This was after just one day of teaching him to write his name.  He's doing such a good job in school, we are so proud of him! 

2 comments:

pwincessdi said...

He is such a character, and he's so cuuute! You're right he is not fat at all, he's ROCK SOLID, that lil boy. What a stud, all ready puttin down the mack skills on an older woman! ahaha yes I'd say you had your hands full! hahaha

IONGI FAMILY said...

Mone u lil heart breaker!!! best wishes to ur lil cutie!!