"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

January 29, 2010

A Blessed Month

So this month of January has been a very special month for my family..... lots of special things have happened spiritually and we are very grateful!

December 27th, 2009

My little sister's husband Lini Kinikini got called to be the 2nd Counselor in their Ward Bisopric...Lini is a very humble man of little words, but this call does not come as a surprise. He doesn't talk much but he's got a huge spirit. It's a blessing for my sister, their kids and our whole family to have him accept such a great calling!

January 5th, 2010

Leka went through the temple for the first time....this was a very special day for us because we got to see how far she has progressed in the gospel. Leka is named after my mom, and has been here in America for almost 3 years now. She's the daughter of my Dad's younger brother and comes from a family that is very strong Methodist. She listened to the missionaries discussions and made the decision to get baptised, and now she has taken the next step to get her endowments.... she's is our little sister and we're so happy for her! Now, we just need to find her a worthy preisthood holder to take her to the temple! :)

January 8th, 2010
My little girl was born.... big blessing for my little family!

January 24th, 2010

My uncle Daniel got called to be the 1st counselor in the bishopric in the Spanish Fork 21st Ward in the Tongan stake in Utah County. Daniel is my dad's baby brother and it's so great to see him in a leadership position like that. Daniel is the kindest man, the kind that would give the shirt off his back to anyone who needed it, I guess that's how my grandparents raised their boys, because they are all like that. He's also the silent, likes to be behind the scenes types, so this calling is a great opportunity to come out from behind the scenes and share his spirit and talents with everyone! I love my Uncle Daniel, his calling is such a blessing not only to him and his family, but to our whole family!

The Lord is very mindful of our family and we are very aware and grateful for all the blessings he has blessed us with. I love going to the temple and being there with my whole entire family....there are only 4 of us kids, and Leka makes us 5....and having us all in the temple with our parents and our spouses/girlfriend at the same time was so nice....I imagine thats what it will be like in heaven! Peaceful, beautiful, and surrounded by family! We are blessed!

2 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Thanks for this post...and your kind word about Lini. This was such a blessed month....

Tala came, Mom & Dad's Anniversary, Lini's call, Leka's Endownment, Daniels call, and Misi starting up at the U ...

The Lord is so mindful of our family...I'm so humbled.

Love you Mon...so thankful for you.

IONGI FAMILY said...

What awesome blessings!! U have such a great family!!! Love ya!!