"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

October 3, 2009

Happy 85th Birthday Grandma Sita!!!


Sita Lomu is my husband's grandma, his mom's mom. She's the sweetest lady and in such good health for being 85 years old. I remember when Ova and I got married, we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and stayed with Uncle Ula. Ma was staying with Ula at that time and I remember every morning that we would wake up, she would have eggs and spam ready for us for breakfast. I love that lady! She seems to always be in a good mood and is always smiling. I amazes me how even if we don't see her for a long long time, she always remembers my name and my kids names...and she's like that with all her grandkids, their spouses, and her great grandkids.
The Lomu family is a huge family and even though the majority of us live here in Utah, we don't get to see each other that often...so when the adults decided to have a family reunion/birthday party for Ma... everyone was more than excited! It was so nice to be able to spend quality time with everyone, every single day at our maulu'ulu practice. It turned out so nice because everyone who was able to, participated.... we learned the song that Ova wrote for the maulu'ulu, and Dino Vainuku came with his brothers every night to teach us all our dances. We ended up doing the maulu'ulu, the grand-daughters did a taulunga, the little great grand-daughters did a number and the little great grand-sons did the haka. It was so nice!! I took a TON of pictures from that fun-filled weekend, but instead of uploading each pictures individually and having to choose which ones to post, I decided to make a slide show with all the pictures from that weekend. Enjoy!

No comments: