"Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to you, each other, your children, your grand-children and others throughout the generations. Remember, the Savior chastised those who failed to record important events." --President Spencer W. Kimball

October 25, 2009

Another one of Mone's "quick ones"

Mone: "Mama, I'm sick, go buy me McDonald's"

Me: Let's go find something to eat in the kitchen

Mone: "No Mama, that food is yucky...I need chicken nuggets cause I'm sick"

I give in, since he's been sick for the past couple days and I head out to buy him and Makai Happy Meals. I get back home and give them their food. Mone opens the box and takes out the toy and says "Thanks Mama, I'm full" Oh my goodness I could have slapped him.... good thing Gramma Tea was hungry, so the food didn't go to waste!!! He's too smart for his age!

ANOTHER DAY / ANOTHER SITUATION

Mone and Makai are in the living room talking and fighting over a sucker. There is only one and Mone has it in his hand but Makai wants it. I hear Mone saying "Makai you can't have it, it's for baby" Next thing I know, he comes into my room and hands me the sucker and whispers really quietly so Makai doesn't hear: "Mama, can you hide this for me" ....
Funny how fast they learn things...when they want something and I don't want them to have it, I always say no, that it's for baby...and they don't say another word....looks like Mone totally caught on! Crazy kid!

No comments: